Create a Joy List
Updated: Jan 16
With all of the heaviness in the world, it can be hard to find joy. You may even feel guilty about wanting to experience joy or pleasure.
Being joyful is courageous.
It is actively choosing to be positive in the face of all of the hardships we experience as human beings.
I have determined by approaching the day with joy, you can power yourself with positive energy. Living with joy empowers you to step into your courage to impact your corner of the world.
Would you like more joy? Of course, you would!
Make a Joy List
1. Set the scene by finding a cozy spot with a notebook and a pen. Prepare some tea, light some candles, or put on some music.
2. Set a timer for 20 minutes.
3. On your paper, write: "What brings me joy?"
4. Until the timer goes off, write out a list of anything (person, experience, taste, sound, texture, etc.) that makes you happy.
5. When the timer goes off, put down your pen, close your eyes, and take three deep breaths.
6. Open your eyes and review your list. Sit with your feelings for a moment.
7. On a new page in your journal, write down one thing you will do this week that will be for you to experience joy. Schedule it on your calendar to prioritize a moment of joy in your week.
You can return to this list whenever you are feeling overwhelmed, stuck, or in need of a reminder.